WordPress database error: [Table './ct_read_tpa27/wp_postmeta' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed]
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (19251) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
OUR LIBRARY CARD JUST GOT EVEN MORE EXCITING & FILM LOVERS WILL WANT TO CHECK THIS OUT
Your library card just became even more precious. Libraries around the world have partnered with Kanopy and that has added even more value to our library cards! I am a big fan of TV & films, so when I came across Kanopy I could not believe my luck. Mind you, this service has been around for a while now but just recentely I came across it. Like in households, at home we have streaming services such as Amazon Video, Hulu & Netflix, but nevertheless I was very excited to have found an alternative.
Kanopy is a free Netflix, Hulu & Amazon alternative for film. It includes over 400 Criterion titles. Public and university libraries have long been one of the best ways to access a wide variety of films for free, as many carry DVDs and Blu-Rays of the best classic, world and nonfiction cinema ever made.
Kanopy was founded in 2008 by CEO Olivia Humphrey as an educational tool for universities. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California. This may be the salvation for many people who can’t afford the expenses of a streaming service.
Now, as a library card holder you no longer have to wait to see what your library has available. Now you have access to thousands of movies available at your fingertip. Isn’t that just wonderful?
Is Kanopy better than Netflix, Hulu & Amazon? It wouldn’t be fair to compare Kanopy to other stream services since its business model does not seem to rely on profit alone. Besides, we are going for what’s free and accessible not for what has the best film production available.
Kanopy doesn’t hung up on the usual predictament of taking movies out of your library. But caution there are limits.
- Checkout Limit: 5 films per month, with play credits resetting on the 1st of each month (loading and playing 5+ seconds of a film counts as a play credit).
- Holds: Films are always available—no holds required!
- Loan period: After clicking Play, you have 3 days to watch the film.
- Renewals: Renewing is not allowed but you can get the film again immediately if you haven’t reached your monthly checkout limit.
LET’S GET TO IT – HOW TO SIGN UP!
Let’s get to the good stuff. Do you have a library card? Then have it handy because you will need it.
How do I get started with Kanopy? See instructions below.
- Go to Kanopy.com
- On the top right corner – click on Signed up
- Enter your name, email address and create a password of your choice. Or you can login with Facebook or Google
- Go to your email account, locate the email from Kanopy, and click Verify My Email.
- You will be then directed back to Kanopy and once there
- Click your name on the right hand side of the screen and click on my membership
- Enter your Library Card number and PIN
Your Kanopy account can be linked to multiple libraries including any public library or college/university library that offers Kanopy. To connect a new membership to your account, click “Add a new membership” and search for your library. If your library does not stream Kanopy yet, please contact them to request it!
List of places where the Kanopy service is avialable.
Available on: iPhone | iPad | Apple TV | Android | AndroidTV | Roku | Chromecast | FireTV | FireTablet